Ampleforth is a new and very unique project. It is not like anything seen before. Most coins can increase and decrease in price. Ampleforth allows for holders to gain in price and in quantity of tokens. Ampleforth adjusts the amount of tokens in your wallet, and all wallets, every single day at 8pm UTC (4pm EST).
The reason this is important is because you can gain, or lose tokens day after day. If there is a positive rebase -- i.e. new tokens distributed to you at 8pm UTC then you begin to COMPOUND
your returns. Here is the real life example of AMPL which unfolded during the first 26 days of supply rebases in July: All 26 rebases were positive. If you started with 100 AMPL worth $0.98 per AMPL during the IEO you had a $98.00 investment with 100 AMPL
At the end of 26 days you had 148.43 AMPL worth $1.21 each. Your $98 investment grew to $173.61 in 26 days. The growth can continue to be exponential even if the price stays the same
. This is the power of compounding, and is available to AMPL and not other coins-- hence the moonshot potential.
The con's are VERY real with this project. The opposite of this compounding can occur when the 24 hour VWAP (volume weighted average price) is below ~$0.95. When that happens tokens are taken from all wallets equally. This is done at the smart contract level. The price has never gone below the ~$0.95 threshold, but it most likely will, and people will lose tokens when that happens. They can lose tokens at a rapid pace just like they can compound them at a rapid pace.
The AMPL protocol is rules based like bitcoin. Rules are coded to distribute tokens and take them away above and below the ~$0.95 and ~$1.05 levels. This is to distribute tokens above the threshold to incentivize people to sell their new, additional tokens to put downward pressure on the price. When below $0.95 tokens are removed to incentivize people to purchase more tokens as that person can then own a bigger percentage of the AMPL network.
Ampleforth also has a unique view on the token's near term, mid term and long term performance- most tokens do not demonstrate an outlook that takes these three time frames into consideration. In the near term AMPL is interesting to traders- it is fully transparent every 24 hours if you will receive more AMPL or lose AMPL. The dashboard shows the oracle rate and gives you insight into what the supply adjustment will be (positive or negative) https://www.ampleforth.org/dashboard/
Because it's fully transparent, fast traders in theory can buy before a positive rebase, and sell their originial position and additional ampl after the rebase. There are also arbitrage opportunities everyday because the supply changes everyday. https://medium.com/ampleforth/uniswap-ampleforth-is-kinda-magical-6262ea014404
In the short term institutions are interested in AMPL because of its potential (and has shown to be) uncorrelated to Bitcoin. So people who want to construct risk/reward balanced digital asset (crypto) portfolios may buy into a position of AMPL for its performance in a larger portfolio. And it appears that AMPL is in tight with institutions and smart money: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/fragments-a7cb#section-investors
That's right. Pantera, FBG, Brian Armstrong personally invested. More traditional VC's like Founder Collective and Slow Ventures. Arrington recently revealed a position in AMPL as well.
Based on this, and there is a lot more to the project, its one to watch.
Among the more frequently mentioned G+ alternatives at the Google+ Mass Migration community
, and others, is MeWe
with over 250 mentions
. The site bills itself as "The Next-Gen Social Network" and the "anti-Facebook": "No Ads, No Political Bias, No Spyware. NO BS.
It is headed by professed Libertarian
CEO Mark Weinstein
As the site reveals no public user-generated content to non-members, it's necessary to create an account in order to get a full impression. I thought I'd provide an overview based on recent explorations.
This report leads of with background on the company, though readers may find the report and analysis of specific groups on the site of interest.
Founder & CEO Mark Weinstein.
Co-Founder & Chief Scientist, Jonathan Wolfe (no longer with company).
Weinstein previously founded SuperFamily and SuperFriends, "at the turn of the millennium". Weinstein's MeWe biography
lists articles published by The Mirror (UK), Huffington Post, USA Today, InfoSecurity Magazine, Dark Reading, and the Nation. His media appearances include MarketWatch, PBS, Fox News, and CNN. He's also the author of several personal-success books
His Crunchbase bio
is a repeat of the MeWe content.
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee: Inventor of the World Wide Web.
- Jack Canfield: Legendary Founder, Chicken Soup For The Soul.
- John Friedman: Founding Partner, Easton Capital.
- Cullen Hoback: Director, Terms and Conditions May Apply.
- Dianne Morrison: Partner, MorrisonMcNabb, LLC.
- Colin Sebastian: Director, Equity Research/Internet, RW Baird.
- Brett Shevack: CEO, Brand Initiatives; Former Vice Chair, BBDO.
- Marci Shimoff: author, Happy for No Reason.
- Sherry Turkle: Professor, MIT; author Alone Together.
Ownership & Investment
MeWe is the dba of Sgrouples, a private for-profit early-stage venture company based in Los Angeles, though with a Mountain View HQ and mailing address, 11-50 employees, with $10m in funding over five rounds, and a $20m valuation as of 2016.
Sgrouples, Inc., dba MeWe Trust & Safety - Legal Policy c/o Fenwick West 801 California Street Mountain View, CA 94041 Crunchbase Profile
Founded: 2012 (source
Secured $1.2M in seed funding
2016 valuation: $20m (source
- John Friedman, venture capitalist, founder & MD, Easton Capital, New York, NY.
- Jack Canfield, author, Chicken Soup for the Soul.
- Marci Schimoff, author, Love for No Reason, Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul.
- Tom Myers, investment advisor.
- Mykola Latansky, personal improvement guru, Ukraine.
- Dan Phillips, entrepreneur, co-founder, CloudHealth Technologies.
- Jack Sweeney, CEO, SevOne, operating partner, Bain Capital Ventures. (WSJ Profile)
- Rachel Roy, fashion designer.
- Lynda Weinman, founder of Lynda.com.
Despite the business address, the company claims to be based in Los Angeles County, California
and is described by the Los Angeles Business Journal
as a Culver City, CA, company.
In an August 6, 2018 Twitter post, Weinstein promotes MeWe
Do you have friends still on Facebook? Share this link with them about Facebook wanting their banking information - tell them to move to MeWe now! No Ads. No Spyware. No Political Agenda. No Bias Algorithms. No Shadow Banning. No Facial Recognition.
MeWe provide several policy-related links on the site:
Highlights of these follow.
- Message disappearance (self-expiring messages).
- California Disclosures -- Do Not Track, 3rd-party cookies, and California Privacy Rights.
- Your Identity: We protect it to the extent the law allows
- Linking to Third-Party Sites: These are your decisions and responsibilities
- Security: HTTPS and Encryption
- Children's Privacy
Terms of Service
The ToS addresses:
- Your acceptance
- Allowable Content and Acceptable Use
- Rights Reserved
- Who Our Services are For
- User Content Ownership
- Misuse of Usernames, Page names, Group names
- Fake Accounts (pseudonyms allowed, misleading is not)
- More on Spam
- Our Commitment to Data Security
- MeWe Content Data
- MeWe Log Data
- Your Data Portability
- Deleting Your Account -- Right to Erasure
- MeWe Secret Chat
- MeWe Invitations and "Add Automatically"
- Additional Policies for Pages, Groups, and Events Notifications of Requests for Account Information
- Guidelines for Law Enforcement Seeking Customer Data (Worldwide)
- MeWe Rights
- Ownership In and To the Site and Services
- Other Provisions
Effective: November 6, 2018.
The FAQ addresses:
- What is MeWe (emphasises privacy)
- The Politics of MeWe ("absolutely no political agenda")
- How can MeWe be free and make money? (additional services/freemium)
- Which devices is MeWe available on? (Android, iOS)
- What content can I share on MeWe (photos, videos, documents, voice messages, privacy mail, chats, gifs, memes, doodles)
- What are some unique features of MeWe?
- Who can see the posts I share?
- Can I delete my MeWe account and is it easy to do this?
This emphasises that people are social cratures
and private people by right
. The service offers the power of self expression
under an umbrella of safety
. It notes that our innermost thoughts require privacy
Under "We aspire...":
MeWe is here to empower and enrich your world. We challenge the status quo by making privacy, respect, and safety the foundations of an innovatively designed, easy-to-use social experience.
Totalling 182 words.
Privacy Bill of Rights
A ten-item statement of principles (possibly inspired by another document, it might appear):
- You own your personal information & content. It is explicitly not ours.
- You will never receive a targeted advertisement or 3rd party content based on what you do or say online. We think that's creepy.
- You see every post in timeline order from your friends, family & groups. We do not manipulate, filter, or change the order of your content or what you see.
- Permissions & privacy are your rights. You control them.
- You control who can access your content.
- You control what, if anything, others can see in member searches.
- Your privacy means we do not share your personal information with anyone.
- Your emojis are for you and your friends. We do not monitor or mine your data.
- Your face is your business. We do not use facial recognition technology.
- You have the right to delete your account and take your content with you at any time.
There are a few mentions of MeWe in the press, some listed on the company's website, others via web search.
The following articles are linked directly from MeWe's Press
The page also lists a "Privacy Revolution Required Reading" list of 20 articles all addressing Facebook privacy gaffes in the mainstream press (Wired, TechCrunch, Fortune, Gizmodo, The Guardian, etc.).
There are further self-reported mentions in several of the company's PR releases over the years.
A DuckDuckGo search
produces several other press mentions, including:
- Facebook Alternative MeWe Raises $5.2M, Los Angeles Business Journal (July 7, 2018) "The latest round, as well as MeWe’s total $10 million in fundraising, was predominantly backed by celebrity investors, such as author Marci Shimoff, Rachel Roy, and Lynda Weinman, founder of Lynda.com, which sold to Linkedin in 2015 for $1.5 billion. Jack Canfield, creator of the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” book series, also invested in MeWe."
- Full Page "Dear Facebook" Letter In The New York Times from MeWe, the Competitor Mark Zuckerberg Refuses to Name Yahoo Finance/PR Newsire (May 28, 2018) "Facebook competitor MeWe, in its first-ever advertisement on any medium, took a full-page in the New York Times on Sunday, May 27th. MeWe's "Dear Facebook" letter is a direct response to Mark Zuckerberg's letter ad on March 25th, and a response to Zuckerberg's refusal to name a Facebook competitor in front of Congress."
- Is building a Facebook alternative worth the effort? MeWe thinks so VentureBeat (July 5, 2018) "[T]here are still companies hoping to make their mark in the social networking realm with “Facebook alternatives.” One of those is MeWe, a “next-generation” social network that positions itself as the anti-Facebook: “Your private life is not for sale. No ads. No Spyware. No BS,” its website proclaims." Continues to mention "modest $5.2 million" funding round. Also a "sister product", MeWePRO, a Slack competitor.
- 5 easy and simple ways to protect your privacy online — how to prepare for the next big threat Medium/Mark Weinstein (November 16, 2016) "If there’s one thing everyone wants to protect it’s their privacy and information online."
- Startup MeWe Launches Free, 'No Ads' Social Network eWeek (March 16, 2016) "MeWe, a new network engineered with its users' data privacy built in, is betting that a lot of people will say yes to both of those questions. The Mountain View, Calif.-based startup, whose parent company is Sgrouples.com, launched its freely available social network out of beta March 9 with more than 200,000 members already using it.... Sir Tim Berners-Lee, co-architect of the World Wide Web, found out about MeWe on his own and approached the company about getting involved."
- Facebook Alternative MeWe closes $5.2M Series A Yahoo/PR Newswire (July 5, 2018). "The investment brings MeWe's total funding to $10 million, to support the engineering of MeWe and the enterprise version MeWePRO.... The company has relied on high net worth individuals for all of its funding including Lynda Weinman, founder of Lynda.com ...; Marci Shimoff, a #1 New York Times bestselling author ...; Rachel Roy...; and Jack Canfield."
- Exactis Data Leak 2018: 340 Million Records Exposed InvestorPlace (June 29, 2018) "'Today's cookies can link your mobile phone to your laptop, to your home monitoring devices, and much, much more. Creepy? Scary? Orwellian? Yes, yes, yes,' Mark Weinstein, the privacy expert and founder of social media company MeWe, told MarketWatch. 'So imagine that Exactis, like Facebook, knows everything about you — really.'"
- MeWe Raises $3M in Funding FinSMEs (March 9, 2016) "Sgrouples, Inc., the Mountain View, CA-based developer of MeWe, a social network with neither ads nor tracking, raised $3m in funding."
- MeWe Raises $4.8 Million, Launches Next-Gen Social Network Cision/PRWeb (March 9, 2016) "The company also announced the completion of its $3 million Seed III round of funding at a $20 million valuation, bringing MeWe’s total funding to date to $4.8 million."
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee’s app MeWe is used by neo-Nazis and perverts The Times of London (January 8, 2019) "The social network that Sir Tim Berners-Lee hoped would be free from abuse has been found to contain gun sales, drugs and antisemitism."
This section is a basic rundown of the user-visible site technology.
The site is not natively accessible from a mobile Web browser as it is overlayed with a promotion for the mobile application instead. Selecting "Desktop View" in most mobile browsers should allow browser-based access.
There are both Android and iOS apps for MeWe. I've used neither of these, though the App store entries note:
- MeWe Android 4.4 rating (13.1k ratings). Permissions: Contacts (read), Location (approximate/precise), SMS (receive), Phone (read status & identity), Photos/Media/Files (read, modify, & delete contents), Storage (read, modify, or delete), Camera (take pictures/videos), Microphone (record audio), Device ID & Call Info (read status & identity), and numerous elements under Other.
- MeWe iOS 4.3 rating (18.1K ratings) In-app purchases (additional features).
cites 209,220 mobile downloads over the past 30 days (via Apptopia), an 80.78% monthly growth rate, from Google Play.
Either selecting "View Desktop" or navigating with a Desktop browser to https://www.mewe.com
your are presented with a registration screen, with the "About", "Privacy Bill of Rights", "MeWe Challenge", and a language selector across the top of the page. Information requested are first and last name, phone or email, and a password. Pseudonymous identities are permitted, though this isn't noted on the login screen. Returning members can use the "Member Log In" button.
The uMatrix Firefox extension reveals no third-party content: all page elements are served from mewe.com, img.mewe.com, cdn.mewe.com, or ws.mewe.com. (In subsequent browsing, you may find third-party plugins from, for example, YouTube, for videos, or Giphy, for animated GIFs.)
The web front-end is nginx. The site uses SSL v3, issued by DigiCert Inc. to Sgrouples, Inc.
The onboarding experience is stark. There is no default content presented. A set of unidentified icons spans the top of the screen, these turn out to be Home, Chats, Groups, Pages, and Events. New users have to, somehow, find groups or people to connect with, and there's little guidance as to how to do this.
Generally there is a three panel view, with left- and right-hand sidebars of largely navigational or status information, and a central panel with main content. There are also pop-up elements for chats, an omnipresent feature of the site.
Controls display labels on some devices and/or resolutions. Controls do not
provide tooltips for navigational aid.
Among the touted features
of MeWe are:
- My Cloud - Seamlessly organize all your content in My Cloud; it's your personal cloud. My Cloud offers an interactive dashboard for you to control everything you’ve posted or shared - making it simple to delete or reshare.
- Unique profiles - Be yourself, free from any tracking and spying. Customize your profile for every group you create or join.
- Voice integration (on any or all content) - Post pictures, videos, or documents and include a voice message. Respond to a shared post or just chat. MeWe’s voice integration works for you and your contacts throughout the entire platform.
- Universal tagging - This is a new, convenient way to sort and organize all the content you receive and share, making it easy to find everything, anytime.
- Enhanced permission control (patent issued) - Manage permissions on a granular level and decide exactly who sees what. You can also remove yourself from the search directory, make yourself invisible to other members online, and much more.
- Much More – join MeWe today and take a look inside! MeWe is the next-gen social networking experience designed for you to have fun, stay in touch, collaborate, organize, and simplify.
A key aspect of any social network is its community. Some of the available or ascertained information on this follows.
Weinstein claims a "million+ following inside MeWe.com
" on Twitter.
The largest visible groups appear to have a maximum of around 15,000 members , for "Awesome gifs". "Clean Comedy" rates 13,350, and the largest open political groups, 11,000+ members.
This compares to Google+ which has a staggering, though Android-registrations-inflated 3.3 billion profiles, and 7.9 million communities, though the largest of these come in at under 10 million members. It's likely that MeWe's membership is on the whole more more active than Google+'s, where generally-visible posting activity was limited to just over 9% of all profiles, and the active user base was well under 1% of the total nominal population.
MeWe do not publish active users (e.g., MUA / monthly active users) statistics.
MeWe is principally a group-oriented discussion site -- interactions take place either between individuals or within group contexts. Virtually all discovery is group-oriented. The selection and dynamics of groups on the site will likely strongly affect user experience, so exploring the available groups and their characteristics is of interest.
"MeWe has over 60,000 open groups
" according to its FAQ.
The Open groups -- visible to any registered MeWe user, though not
to the general public Web -- are browsable, though sections and topics must be expanded to view the contents: an overview isn't immediately accessible. We provide a taste here.
A selection of ten featured topics spans the top of the browser. As I view these, they are:
- MeWe Favorites
- Health & Fitness
- Cars & Motorcycles
- Fashion and Beauty
Specific groups may appear in multiple categories.
The top Groups within these topics have, variously, 15,482, 7,738, 15,482 (dupe), 7,745, 8,223, 8,220, 1,713, 9,527, 2,716, and 1,516 members. Listings scroll at length -- the Music topic has 234 Groups, ranging in size from 5 to 5,738 members, with a median of 59, mean of 311.4, and a 90%ile of 743.5.
Below this is a grid of topics, 122 in all, ranging from Activism to Wellness, and including among them. A selected sample of these topics, with top groups listed members in (parens), follows:
- Activism: QAnon+++ (2,572), PATRIOT PREPPERS USA (2,430), Deplorables Republic (2,48), The War Drummer (1,898), Patriots for a United America. (1894), Anonymous (1,700).
- Alternative Energy: Reiki, Crystals, and alternative healing (2,114), 💜Starseeds & Empaths💜 (345), Living in Colour (365).
- Alternative Lifestyle: Natural Healing and Home Remedies (3,045), Backyard Farming of All Things (2,696), WeTheSheeple (2,251).
- Alumni Connections: Google Plus Refugees (271), Google+ Refugees (186), Frog Pond (156), Carlsbad NM High School alumni (57).
- Animals: I Love My Dog (4,421), Pussy Shots (4,619).
- Astronomy: Spherical Earth Truth, Flat Earth is Wrong (278), Nibiru, Nemesis, Hercolobus, The Destroyer (187).
- Biology: Trees (344), Field of Birds (104), Patriots of Australia (51).
- Blogs: Women Bloggers (1,439), Urban & Wilderness Survival & Preparedness (1,367), Conservative Patriots & Oath keepers (742).
- Books and Book Clubs: PNW Book Club (1609), Bookworms (1,464), Erotica and Erotic Romance Book Lovers (1,219).
- Business: Small Business Connect (2,565), Deep Survival (1,183), Marketing and Social Media Tips (1,173).
- Career Building: Marketing jobs and opportunities (698), Famous Quotes (184), Automotive Technicians (57).
- Celebrities: Madonna Mania (116), Katy Perry (Hot!) (103), Trance Gemini of andromeda 2.0 (16).
- Classrooms: Are YOU Awake too? (1331), CRT (Crystal Resonance Therapy) Student Support (28).
- Clubs / Associations: RCBS Reloading Equipment (685), Boat Owners United (670), The Caliber Canteen (Reloading/ Firearms Buy/Sell) (505).
- Co-workers: Money Making sites to SHARE (235), Cop and retired cop friends (85).
- Coders: Hacker (978), Delphi Developers (269), Python (258).
- Colleges and Universities: SEC Football (832), Christian Apologetics: Campus Apologetics Alliance (221).
- Cooking: *recipies/homecooking* (2,618), Low & Slow BBQ (1,582), Mexican Foods and Recipes (1,503), Budget Meal Recipes (1,004).
- Culture: Destroying the Illusion Fans (1147), my friends (551), Coffee Addicts (542).
- Cyclists: Car Free Cities / Cycle communting (26).
- DIY: Homesteading DIY (5843), Prepper Living (3110), Knucklehead Homesteading (2102), 1911 owners forum (1,474).
- Dating: 🌸something Beautiful just for you too🌸 (237), Relationship Junction (171), LDS Dating (114).
- Education: Q-Anon Patriots (1,616), InfoWars.com (1,217), Constitutional Liberty for All (907), Prepping, Homesteads skills and Community (887), Shamanic Community (756), Truther Talk (665).
- Environmental: Geoengineering, Chemtrails, HAARP (455), ShareYourLove (253), The Seasons (193), Near Term Human Extinction Love (174).
- Family: Raising Natural Kids (1,496), Dogs (1,075), VACCINE DANGERS (583).
- Fraternities: Freemasonry (1072), Brotherhood of the Blade (313), Proud Boys Canada (74).
- Friends: MEWE FRIENDS ( NO NUDES ) (2,416), FIREARMS UNLIMITED...MEWE Version (1,517).
- Gamers: Tabletop RPG's and Boardgames (1,936), Dungeons & Dragons (1,499), OSR (1,485).
- Green: Aquaponics and Self SustainingLlifestyle (655), ENVIRONMENT and CLIMATE (583), Chasing Butterflies - Vaccine Free (385).
- Health & Fitness: NATURAL HEALING AND FOODS (8,221), Bodybuilding (5,321), Natural alternatives for Modern Health (4,680), Vaccine Free (3,285).
- Heart of All Women: Christian Women Talk About ANYTHING (39).
- History: 9/11, False Flags, & NWO Truth (1,872), The American Cowboy (1,065), "This Day in History" by Tara Ross (590).
- Hobbies: CinDes Embroidery (1,974), Another Caliber to Conquer (1,800), Sonia Showalter Machine Embroidery Designs (1,696).
- Home Improvement: Renovations With Grace❤️ Question & Answers (723), Home improvement DIY Group (79), Buildings churches castles etc (33).
- Homeschooling: Christian Homeschool Parents (889), Open Path Homeschool: Secular, Buddhist, Pagan, UU (145), The Lords Prophets (33).
- Hunting & Sportsman: GUN POST Group (Canada) (5,097), Guns, Ammo, and Supply's (5,023), OLD GUNS AND OLD FARTS (4,902).
- Innovation: Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain (759), CRYPTO 24/7/365 (28), 2 Real News (372), Tisk 3D modelů - 3D print (26).
- Jewelry: DFW Gold And Silver Coins And Currency (449), FIRE AGATE GEMSTONES (106).
- LGBT: HOUSE OF KNIGHTS - ENTERTAINMENT & MAIN GROUP (680), HOUSE OF KNIGHTS - HISTORY (421), HOUSE OF KNIGHTS - CARTOON (409).
- MEMES: MeMe Wars (3,758), MILITARY MEMES/FUNNY MILITARY MEMES (2,616), Shitposting Dumpster Fire (2,318).
- MLM: Post your biz opp here. (855), Make Money Moms Work at Home (612), Work From Home Opportunities (428).
- Medicine: Dinosaur Docs (120), MEDICAL MALPRACTICE (88), Zhong - Beroepsvereniging voor TCG (56).
- Medicine & Herbs: Herbal Survivalist Spot (2,353), There's an Oil for That™ (1142), 🌴Weed News🌴 (880).
- Meetups: light workers (1,203), MeWe Welcome (or "It's Not a Ghost Town") (729), The Banter Lounge (223).
- Movies and Film: Digital Movies (4K, HD, iTunes, MA, UV) (2,519), Ultraviolet Digital UV & MA Codes (Buy/Sell/Trade) (2,073), Science Fiction (1,483).
- Music: 60's 70's 80s Music (5,739), Musicians of MeWe! (5,194), Guitar Playing (3,921).
- Neighborhoods: Texas Issues (317), Cascadia Circles (235), Houston tx (214).
- Nerds: Cosplay (1,856), Classic Sci-fi Kingdom (1,292), Marvel (410).
- News: Judge Jeanine Pirro has Fans (7,808), Qanon News (3,466), Unfiltered News (2,913).
- Non-Profit: TRUMP IS MY PRESIDENT (190), Flat Earth Database - 地平論資料庫 (127), Florida Carry (99).
- Organic: Gardening Guru's Unlimited (1,381), GMO FREE for me! (1,076), Americans For Cannabis (874).
- Organizations: TRUMPANDPENC2016 (1,454), Low Country Survival Prepping & Camping (1,064), Wisconsin Firearms Trader (614).
- Parenting: Vaccines Empower Warrior Voices (391), Moms talk (360), Peaceful Parenting (131).
- Personal Improvement: For Introverts. (1,214), Anarchy, Philosophy, Psychology, and Spirituality (679), Positive Affirmations (447).
- Philosophy: In5d Esoteric Metaphysical and Spiritual Database (1,764), Thought Bouncing (1,137), Obtectivists - Galts Gulch - Ayn Rand fans (561).
- Poetry: Dead Poest (1,407), Palacio de Poetry (451), Poets Corner (412).
- Politics: Donald J. Trump 2016 - Present (11,486), The Conservative's Hangout (8,345), Qanon Follow The White Rabbit (5,600), Drain The Swamp (4,978), Libertarians (4,528), United We Stand Trump2020 (4,216).
- Pop Culture: The Loftus Party (116), The Walking Dead: The Stalking Dead (100), Tyler, Texas (71).
- Privacy: Join the Open/Privacy Movement (3974), Kingsport tn gun trader (1,157), Safer Computing (555).
- Psychology: Inspiring Spirituality༺❉༻ non-religious~ universal (1,486), sacred plants & psychedelix community (1,212), OUR.Psychology (701), Dream Interpretation (537).
- Recreation: Everything Reloading (3,252), Redeye Reloading (1,980), Fishing (1,549).
- Relationships: Complementarian Thought (50).
- Religion / Spirituality: LoveHasWon (3,245), The Christian Underground (2,604), Pagan Friendly Folk (1,630).
- Robots: Arduino Hexapods, Balancing Robots, and projects (137).
- Romantic: Snapchat Add Party (2,681), Green Heart (1,270), ROMANCE COMMUNITY (205).
- Science: Consciousness (1,327), Steven's Private Alien/UFO Group (668), BIGFOOT HAPPENINGS (538).
- Self Help: * SURVIVE and THRIVE* (858), Preparedness and Off Grid Living (763), Free (631).
- Self-Directed Learning: Exposing the Matrix of Lies (997), WAKE THE FUCK UP (474), Wake the Fuck Up. The Next Dimension (287). WTFU when SHTF (126).
- Social Change: Armed with Truth and Knowledge (1,986), VEGANS UNITE (766), ACTIVISM universal headlines ~❉~ (729), Meet Earth's Cosmic Neighbors (MECN) (663).
- Space: Space (579), ** THE AMAZING UNIVERSE and OUR WORLD** (546), WE ARE NOT ALONE... (488).
- Sports: Australian IPSC Buy And Sell (591), Formula 1 (295), Border War Rifle Series, Iowa PRS Matches (280).
- Sports Teams: Liverpool FC (228), GEORGIA BULLDOGS (129), The Black and Gold (89), Dallas Cowboys Fans (80).
- Subculture: Neon Revolt (3,696), Redneck Funnies (2,042), Serial Killers And True Crime (724).
- Surfers: NZBM BEACH VIBES (416).
- Sustainability: Common Sense Home (1,746), The Survivalist (1,603), Barter For Prepping/Survivalism/Homesteading Goods (1,274).
- Techies: MeWe Help And Support (948), Geek Time (220), GZOSP (124).
- Technology: Apple Discussions (2,722), Linux and Open Source Users Group (3,423), Cutting Edge Military Technology (3,201).
- Transportation: Truckers Life (431), Aviation (316), Duramax Diesel (312).
- Travel: Travel Tips and Recs (8,234), Travel, Food & Wine, Cocktails + Craft Beer Lovers (6,071), Texas (2,694).
- Trending News: **UNDER ATTACK & FIGHTING BACK!** (1,138), US News Page (691), THE AMERICAN PATRIOT (609).
- Twitter: Twitter Hates Conservatives (198), Cstle Ricochet (35).
- Videos: ♥ MY FAVORITE YOUTUBE VIDEOS ♥ (926), Video Meditations (196), The 80's Again - My Retro 80's Music And Video (180), Deep Space Seven (127), Naked Male Celebrities (74).
- Wellness: Minds Awaking Consciousness Restored (1,855), Hemp Earth (1,164), Mind-Body-Spirit (993).
To be clear: whilst I've not included every topic, I've sampled a majority of them above, and listed not
an arbitrary selection, but the top few Groups under each topic.
- Google Plus expats (1,862)
- Google+ Refugees (186)
- G+ Refugees (101)
- my Google+ expatriates
The Google Plus expats group seems the most active of these by far.
It's curious that MeWe make a specific point in their FAQ
At MeWe we have absolutely no political agenda and we have a very straightforward Terms of Service. MeWe is for all law-abiding people everywhere in the world, regardless of political, ethnic, religious, sexual, and other preferences.
There are 403 political groups on MeWe. I won't list them all here, but the first 100 or so give a pretty clear idea of flavour. Again, membership is in (parentheses). Note that half the total
political Groups memberships are in the first 21 groups listed here, the first 6 are 25% of the total.
- Donald J. Trump 2016 - Present (11486)
- The Conservative's Hangout (8345)
- Qanon Follow The White Rabbit (5600)
- Drain The Swamp (4978)
- Libertarians (4528)
- United We Stand Trump2020 (4216)
- The Right To Self Defense (3757)
- Alternative Media (3711)
- Hardcore Conservative Patriots for Trump (3192)
- Bastket Of Deplorables4Trump! (3032)
- Return of the Republic (2509)
- Infowars Chat Room Unofficial (2159)
- Donald Trump Our President 2017-2025 (2033)
- Berners for Progress (1963)
- Sean Hannity Fans (1901)
- The American Conservative (1839)
- I Am The NRA (1704)
- Tucker Carlson Fox News (1645)
- We Love Donald Trump (1611)
- MAGA - Make America Great Again (1512)
- Q (1396)
- ClashDaily.com (1384)
- news from the front (1337)
- Basket of Deplorables (1317)
- Payton's Park Bench (1283)
- Convention of States (1282)
- Britons For Brexit (1186)
- MoJo 5.0 Radio (1180)
- MeWe Free Press (1119)
- The Constitutionally Elite (1110)
- Libertarian (1097)
- WOMEN FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP (1032)
- AMERICANS AGAINST ISIS and OTHER ENEMIES (943)
- #WalkAway Campaign (894)
- ALEX JONES (877)
- The Lion Is Awake ! (854)
- We Support Donald Trump! (810)
- The Stratosphere Lounge (789)
- TRUMP-USA-HANDS OFF OUR PRESIDENT (767)
- Official Tea Party USA (749)
- Mojo50 Jackholes (739)
- Yes Scotland (697)
- "WE THE DEPLORABLE" - MOVE ON SNOWFLAKE! (688)
- Judge Jeanine Pirro Fans (671)
- Anarcho-Capitalism (658)
- Ted Cruz for President (650)
- No Lapdog Media (647)
- Q Chatter (647)
- Daily Brexit (636)
- Tucker Carlson Fox News (601)
- The Trumps Storm Group (600)
- QAnon-Patriots WWG1WGA (598)
- 100% American (569)
- Ladies For Donald Trump (566)
- Deep State (560)
- In the Name of Liberty (557)
- Material Planet (555)
- WikiUnderground (555)
- Trump NRA Free Speech Patriots on MeWe Gab.ai etc (546)
- Magna Carta Group (520)
- Constitutional Conservatives (506)
- Question Everything (503)
- Conspiracy Research (500)
- Bill O'Reilly Fans (481)
- Conservative Misfit's (479)
- Canadian politics (478)
- Anarchism (464)
- HARDCORE DEPLORABLES (454)
- Deplorable (450)
- Tampa Bay Trump Club (445)
- UK Politics (430)
- Bongino Fan Page (429)
- Radical Conservatives (429)
- RESIST THE RESISTANCE (419)
- The Deplorables (409)
- America's Freedom Fighters (401)
- Politically Incorrect & Proud (399)
- CONSERVATIVES FOR AMERICA ! (385)
- Political satire (383)
- RISE OF THE RIGHT (371)
- UK Sovereignty,Independence,Democracy -Everlasting (366)
- The Patriots Voting Coalition (359)
- End The Insanity (349)
- Coming American Civil War! (345)
- Constitutional Conservatives (343)
- United Nations Watch (342)
- A Revival Of The Critical Thinking Union (337)
- The New Libertarian (335)
- Libertarian Party (official ) (333)
- DDS United (Duterte Die-hard Supporters) (332)
- American Conservative Veterans (331)
- Anarchism/Agorism/Voluntaryism (328)
- America Needs Donald Trump (326)
- The UKIP Debating Society (321)
- Coalition For Trump (310)
- Egalitarianism (306)
- FRIENDS THAT LIKE JILL STEIN AND THE GREEN PARTY (292)
- 2nd Amendment (287)
- Never Forget #SethRich (286)
- Green Party Supporters 2020 (283)
It seems there is relatively little representation from the left wing, or even the centre, of the political spectrum. A case-insensitive match for "liberal" turns up:
- 104: Conservatives Against Liberal Beliefs C.A.L.I.B (273)
- 184: Progressive and Liberal Politics (119)
- 301: Liberalism is a Mental Disorder (33)
- 302: Resistance Against Liberal Socialism (33)
- 358: NOT For Liberals (17)
- 367: Drinking Liberally Houston (14)
- 400: Stephanie Miller's Sexy Liberal Army (6)
Mainstream political parties are little represented, though again, the balance seems skewed searching on "(democrat|republic|gop)":
- 11: Return of the Republic (2509)
- 161: Death to the Democrat Party! (138)
- 188: Republican Liberty Caucus (113)
- 306: Twin Cities South Metro Republicans (32)
- 316: Non-Conspiracy, Non-Republican Libertarians (30)
- 323: Democrats and Veterans Party (28)
- 364: GOP Fireworks (15)
- 391: Saving The Republic: Video News & Opinion (8)
The terms "left" and "right" provide a few matches, not all strictly political-axis aligned:
- 7: The Right To Self Defense (3757)
- 80: RISE OF THE RIGHT (371)
- 150: POLITICS ON THE LEFT (156)
- 157: 1st Amendment Rights Protected By The 2nd Amendmen (141)
- 209: On The Left With Jeremy Corbyn (84)
- 262: Eyes-Left Labour & PP - Social Media (49)
- 300: Gather Left (33)
- 385: Defend Washington State Gun Rights (9)
- 390: Left Coast Conservatives (8)
Socialism and Communism also warrant a few mentions:
- 121: Revolutionary Socialists United (204)
- 216: Socialist Thought (79)
- 220: Stories Of Communism (76)
- 262: Eyes-Left Labour & PP - Social Media (49)
- 288: Snuggly Wuggly Socialists (38)
- 302: Resistance Against Liberal Socialism (33)
And there are some references to green, laboulabor parties:
- 97: FRIENDS THAT LIKE JILL STEIN AND THE GREEN PARTY (292)
- 100: Green Party Supporters 2020 (283)
- 262: Eyes-Left Labour & PP - Social Media (49)
- 320: Green Party of Ohio Issues & Discussion Group (29)
Whilst there may not be a political agenda
, there does appear to be at least a slight political bias
to the site. And a distinctive skew on many other topical subjects.
Those seeking new homes online may wish to take this into account.
- Various typos and tagging corrections. 2018-11-29 - 30
- Added G+MM references count for MeWe to lede paragraph. 2018-12-2
- Wolfe status, Times of London story, typos.
The excitement is palpable as the date draws near to BlockShow Americas 2018, the industry’s leading conference. No wonder the expectations are high and the attendees are lining up to be at The Venetian, Las Vegas between August 20-21, 2018. What sets BlockShow apart from any other Blockchain event are the people who support and participate in it. The two-day event will see over 1500 attendees from more than 50 countries. What is more, there will be more than 80 speakers present who will share their unique insights.
Blockchain and media stars to bedazzle attendees
This is the first time that BlockShow has arrived on the American continent and BlockShow have left no stone unturned to bring the best with them. Our speakers pack decades of experience and are the voice of the Blockchain world. Some notable speakers are: Bobby Lee, Co-founder of BTCC, who also serves on the board of the Bitcoin Foundation and is CEO and co-founder of BTCC, China’s first Bitcoin exchange. Nouriel Roubini, CEO of Roubini Macro Associates would also be speaking at the event. Nouriel predicted the global financial crisis of 2008. He is also a professor of Economics at New York University’s Stern School of Business. Mike Butcher, Editor-At-Large TechCrunch, who was awarded the MBE at the Queen’s Birthday Honours List in 2016, Johanna Masaka, CEO of Global Situation Room, who was also the former White House Press Advance for President Barack Obama and Alex Mashinsky, Founder of the Celsius Network, Serial Entrepreneur, Venture Investor and Tech Innovator are just some of the names of BlockShow Americas 2018 speakers. The media will be present in numbers as well as there are more than 200 journalists expected at the event. Our media partners for the event include Crunchbase, Bitcoin.com, amTV, NEWSBTC, Investing.com and more. Media personalities from amTV and noted journalists like Rachel Wolfson contributor for Forbes and Craig S. Smith, a journalist at the New York Times would be among the speakers as well.
Exhibits and partners that wow, amaze and connect
BlockShow has always been the place to witness innovation firsthand. At Las Vegas, you can expect that tradition to continue. Some of the exhibitors this year range from Ginco, which is a Universal Asset Hub in the digital currency ecosystem, Traceto.io – A decentralised network that provides an inclusive KYC solution to digital currency and blockchain product companies, ASQ protocol – A decentralised content economy that rewards participants for creating and engaging with quality content, Celsius – A wallet that pays you back, Mir Coin – A cryptocurrency in everyday life, Gozo – Empowering the travel industry with Blockchain, Wattle Wallet – An extended digital currency wallet with instant access to trading and exchange, X-Block – The first global blockchain 4.0 based on fog computing and AID Coin – Blockchain based solution that brings back trust to the charity sector. Exhibits are not only a showcase but also an opportunity to broaden horizons through networking.
BlockShow Americas 2018 is also about forming partnerships that add to mutual worth. The event has already attracted valuable partnerships and has the support of Decent, provider of an advanced blockchain ecosystem, ICObench, an ICO rating provider, CryptoFriends, a group of professionals with an exclusive network of smart connections throughout the crypto community and SV Insight, Media and Blockchain connect conference organizer.
Your ticket to the Blockchain world: Whether you are a crypto hobbyist, an entrepreneur or an investor, BlockShow Americas 2018 is the place to be. Tickets are now available for Attendees, Startups, and Investors. Come and make your presence felt at the 2-day event. This is your ticket to the Blockchain world.
Can’t make it to this event? Go to https://smartereum.com/blockchain-crypto-events/
to view other blockchain/crypto conferences being held closer to you.
London, England About Podcast Since the birth of Bitcoin in 2009, a new class of Crypto assets built using the innovative design of the blockchain is disrupting technology and financial markets. In The What Bitcoin Did Podcast, cryptocurrency trader and miner, Peter McCormack, interviews leaders from across the crypto economy. Bitstamp allows companies and individuals from all around the world to buy and sell bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum, ripple, and bitcoin cash. Search Crunchbase . Advanced. Try Pro free Solutions. Products. Resources. Resources. Pricing. Log In. Organization. Bitstamp. Connect to CRM . Save. Summary Financials People Technology Signals & News. About. Bitstamp allows companies and individuals from ... Chinese bitcoin hardware company Canaan Creative is aiming to raise $400 million in an initial public offering, according to paperwork filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.. Subscribe to the Crunchbase Daily. Canaan makes application-specific integrated circuits, hardware often used for bitcoin mining or artificial intelligence applications. At the time of writing, bitcoin – the world’s number one cryptocurrency by market cap – is trading for just over $10,200, which means that it’s fallen a little further in the past 24 hours. Still, despite the bearish phase the cryptocurrency appears to be experiencing, many people seem to be remaining loyal to the […] Digital money that’s instant, private, and free from bank fees. Download our official wallet app and start using Bitcoin today. Read news, start mining, and buy BTC or BCH.
As the crypto market tanks, Capital.com’s Chief Market Strategist David Jones asks if Bitcoin – which has lost 40% of its value in the last two weeks alone –... This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue. Watch Queue Queue In any Bitcoin price prediction today you’ll find a bit of that after-party feeling, the sense that the best has passed. A Bitcoin trading strategy in 2019 looks quite different to the ones for ... This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue. Watch Queue Queue What is Metaverse? Metaverse versus Neo? Is it the new Neo or the Chinese Ethereum. Could it be the asset version of bitcoin? Let's explore this coin in a little more detail. Metaverse was started ...